PUBLIC NOTICE INFO: Notice of Public Comment Period for FFY 2023 IDEA Part B State Application
Federal Fiscal Year 2023 IDEA Part B State Application
The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) will soon apply for federal funding under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for the period of July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024. This application document serves as the basis for the operation and administration of activities to carry out the requirements of Part B of the IDEA. As part of the public participation process set forth in the IDEA Part B regulations at 34 CFR § 300.165 and in Section 427 of the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) (20 U.S.C. 1228a), the State must publish its Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2023 IDEA Part B Application and allow public comment.
The application document sets forth policies and procedures that Arizona will undertake:
- to ensure that all eligible children with disabilities have available to them a free appropriate public education that includes special education and related services to meet their unique needs
- to ensure that the rights of children with disabilities and their parents are protected
- to assist public education agencies in providing for the education of all children with disabilities
- to assess and ensure the effectiveness of efforts to educate those children
Note: Arizona has not yet received the Allocation Tables for FFY 2023 grant funds from the US Department of Education. Thus, the FFY 2022 Spreadsheet has been included until the FFY 2023 allocation amount is received. Upon receipt of the FFY 2023 allocation documents, ADE/ESS will remove the FFY 2022 Spreadsheet and replace it with an updated FFY 2023 Spreadsheet.
Notice of Public Comment Period
Any individual or organization may submit written comments. Written comments shall be accepted through April 23, 2023.
The 30-day public comment period for the FFY 2023 IDEA Part B Application will be open from March 23, 2023, through April 23, 2023. The State will review and consider all public comments and make any necessary modifications to the application, as appropriate.
Special education stakeholders may submit comments in writing beginning March 23, 2023, using the following methods:
- Submit electronically via the ADE/ESS Public Comment webpage
- Submit electronically to Exceptional Student Services via email
- Submit handwritten comments directly to Exceptional Student Services via the USPS to Arizona Department of Education, 1535 West Jefferson St. Bin #24, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
Page revised 3/23/23