Standards: World and Native Languages
World and Native Languages Standards (Approved 5/19/2015)
CLASSROOM RESOURCES | PROFESSIONAL LEARNING VIDEOS
World And Native Languages Standards
Download the complete Standards document WORD | PDF
- 2015 World and Native Languages Standards Overview VIDEO
- Arizona World and Native Languages Standards are proficiency-based standards that are meant to be used with NCSSFL/ACTFL's Can-Do Statements.
- Principles of Effective World and Native Language Programs
- Administrator and Program Resources - The Administrator Guides for World Languages, or “Look-For” documents, for principals and other administrators are a K-12 Teacher Evaluation Support Tool
- More coming soon!
- Dual Language Immersion Network
- Dual Language Immersion Frameworks - based of ADE's Structured English Immersion Models
- Directory of Dual Language Immersion Schools in Arizona
- 2021 National Report DLI Schools
- Supporting World Language Learning for Students with Disabilities Guide - Virginia Department of Education
- Supporting World Language Learning for Students Teacher Toolkit - Virginia Department of Education
- Visit our page with all our past newsletters here.
LATEST NEWS & UPDATES - NEW
Latest monthly news updates including professional development opportunities, trainings, events, resources, tools, and community news will be posted here! Have something to add to this post or the monthly newsletter? Send the information to [email protected]. (UPDATED 4/25/2023)
- Center for Advanced Research for Language Acquisition (CARLA) has many in-person, asynchronous, and online sessions
- Click this link for more details and registration
Student Learning Opportunity for Critical Languages
- ASU Melikian Center offers summer intensive courses for high school students
- Multiple critical languages are offered
- Click this link for more details
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so apply today.
Quebec Summer Institute on Inquiry
- In-person summer institute on inquiry
- For more details and to apply, click here.
The Language Imperative Podcast!
- Tune into Vista's new podcast series, The Language Imperative! Hosted by Norah Jones, long-time language educator and advocate, this podcast covers insightful conversations with award-winning language educators, with an eye towards language education, transformation, and empowerment.
- Find the series wherever you listen to podcasts!
Linda Burrows, Director of K-12 Social Studies and World and Native Languages
Hannah Rude, K-12 Social Studies and World and Native Langauge Specialist
*Note: Please contact us for accessible versions of these documents.