Content Emphasis Kindergarten-Algebra 2 Fluency In Mathematics Standards for Math Practice Table 1 and Table 2
Padres como Compañeros- En la aula de matemáticas Appendix This document can assist districts in designing pathways and courses in high school. This is only a guidance document.
- EQuIP – Educators Evaluating Quality Instructional Products The EQuIP products include rubrics and a quality review process designed to determine the quality and alignment of instructional lessons and units to the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards in ELA and Mathematics. Included on the EQuIP website are lesson/unit rubrics and feedback forms, e-learning modules, and EQuIP training materials. Exemplary lessons are also posted on the EQuIP website under the Exemplars tab.
- Khan Academy College Board SAT Practice – In partnership with Khan Academy, the College Board is offering personalized, free practice resources for all students, beginning in May 2015.
Our collaboration offers students and educators:
- Personalized online practice that complements classroom instruction.
- An unprecedented view into the design of the SAT®.
- Free access — anytime, anywhere.
Mathematics Professional Development Opportunities
- Testing Information
- Certification Requirements– All requirements for certification and endorsements can be found on the ADE Educator Certification website.
- Requirements for Teachers Issuing 7-8 Grade Students High School Credit in Mathematics – (9th Grade Algebra)- revised 5/1/2014
- AATM – Arizona Association of Teachers of Mathematics
- NCTM – National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- TODOS – Mathematics for ALL
- NCSM – National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- AML - Arizona Math Leaders
AZ Math Assessments
Arizona Assessments: AASA (Arizona's Academic Standards Assessment) is the statewide achievement test for Arizona students in Grades 3-8. All Arizona public school students in Grades 3 - 8 will take the grade level AASA assessments in English Language Arts and Mathematics. Cohort 2025 (typically grade 9) students will take the ACT Aspire assessment. Cohort 2023 (typically grade 11) students will take the ACT assessment.
AZELLA: AZELLA (Arizona’s English Language Learner Assessment) is a Standards Based Assessment that measures a student’s English language proficiency based on the Arizona English Language Proficiency Standards.
NAEP: NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) is a national assessment of academic content outlined in the NAEP Academic Frameworks. The assessments are given to a sample of students in Grades 4, 8, and 12
- NAEP: NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) is a national assessment of academic content outlined in the NAEP Academic Frameworks. The assessments are given to a sample of students in Grades 4, 8, and 12.
Contact: Eboney McKinney, Director of Mathematics | Phone: 602.364.4030