Arizona History and Social Science Standards (Adopted 10.22.2018)
Download the complete Standards document (Word Version) Anchor Standards (Accessible version)
HISTORY AND SOCIAL SCIENCE STANDARDS SUPPORT MATERIALS
Latest monthly news updates including professional development opportunities, trainings, events, resources, tools, and community news will be posted here! Have something to add to this post or the monthly newsletter? Send the information to [email protected]. (UPDATED 9/29)
Call for Student Designs!
- The Arizona Department of Education is seeking designers to create the Seal of Biliteracy, the Seal of Civics Literacy, and the Seal of Personal Finance. The selected designs will be affixed to the diplomas of all graduates who meet the minimum requirements for these seals for many years to come!
- A diferent designer can be chosen for each seal.
- Applications due Friday December 20th by 5pm
- CLICK HERE FOR THE DETAILS AND APPLICATION
Project Archaeology Investing Shelter Workshop - Oct. 22
FREE STUDNT-AUTHORED BOOKS - SIGN UP HERE
- These are books where students interview Holocaust survivors, veterans, etc. and write and illustrate the book.
- Set of 20 books!
OCTOBER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FROM NCSS (NEW!)
- CLICK HERE to find out more information about NEW professsional learning opportunities.
- Topics like using primary sources, Social Studies in K-2, teaching the history of smartphoens and apps, using Ken Burns to engage students, and MORE!
Linda Burrows, Director of K-12 Social Studies and World and Native Languages
Hannah Rude, K-12 Social Studies and World and Native Languages Specialist