Child & Adult Care Food Program
Welcome to Arizona’s Child and Adult Care Food Program Webpage!
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally-funded Child Nutrition Program that is proudly administered by the Arizona Department of Education.
With funding from the USDA, the CACFP provides aid to child care centers, family day care homes, at-risk afterschool programs, Head Start programs, outside-school-hours programs, adult day care centers, and emergency shelters for the provision of nutritious foods that contribute to the wellness, healthy growth and development of young children, and the health and wellness of older adults and chronically impaired disabled persons across Arizona.
On our webpage, you can find information about applying to operate the program, web-based trainings, upcoming in-person trainings, program forms, resources, and so much more!
Operating the CACFP During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- HNS 22-2020 Revised Guidance for CACFP Participation During Unanticipated School Closures due to COVID-19
- Guidance Summary for Operating the CACFP During COVID-19
- CACFP Meal Pattern Challenges During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID 19 and At-Risk Afterschool Meal Sites
USDA has provided additional guidance for CACFP sponsors operating the At Risk Afterschool Meals program. Sponsors may continue operating during unanticipated school closures without a waiver. Additionally, States have the option to request a waiver for
- Non-congregate meal distribution and/or to
- To forego the enrichment activity.
ADE has submitted wavier requests for both of these flexibilities. Sponsors should continue operating normally until these waivers are approved, at which time, ADE will provide additional guidance for how to request use of this waiver at your Afterschool Meal program sites.
Interested in Locating a Participating CACFP Facility?
- Center Directory: Interested in enrolling in a CACFP facility? Please select “Center Directory” to view a directory of facilities currently operating the CACFP in Arizona.
- Day Care Home Sponsoring Organization Directory: Interested in enrolling your child in a CACFP day care home? Consider contacting a sponsoring organization in your county to identify available providers. To access a list of current day care home sponsoring organizations in Arizona, please select “Day Care Home Sponsoring Organization Directory”.
NOTE: These directories have been posted to support those interested in a CACFP facility by providing an easy way to contact current program operators. This directory may not be used for commercial purposes.
Family Day Care Homes