Consider a Career Teaching in CTE!
- Teachers are in high demand and CTE can be a rewarding career choice.
- Teacher certification is based on industry experience, education, and/or prior teaching experience.
CTE Program Area Application Requirements
New CTE Teacher Certification
Prepare to Submit CTE Certification Application.
CTE Certified, Now What?
- Congratulations! There is more work to be done.
New teacher certificates may require completion of college semester hours and/or professional development hours within 3 years of certification. Be sure to check your certificate and/or certification evaluation documentation for additional requirements listed as deficiencies.
- Satisfy Deficiencies
- ADE CTE offers approved professional development for CTE certification credit that is research based with clear learning objectives and rigor equivalent to postsecondary coursework. Click here to find Approved PD for Certification.
- After completing a PD course, teachers should receive a certificate that is required for teacher certificate deficiency removal.
Renewable Teacher Certification
CTE certificates are valid for 12 years and will require a renewal application and 180 clock hours of PD. Required professional development hours may be obtained by completing PD offered by industry associations, postsecondary institutions, ADE, CTEDS, districts and schools.
- After completing a PD course, teachers should receive a pd completion certificate.
- Refer to azed.gov/cte/pd for more information on professional development.
CTE Certification Resources
CTE Career Development Program Specialist
Arizona Department of Education
Career and Technical Education
Email: [email protected]
Desk: (602) 542-5540