Welcome to AZ Career and Technical Education
Career Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the academic and technical skills, and with the knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. Foundational to CTE are rigorous program technical standards developed by business and industry. CTE prepares learners for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies, and makes academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context. In fact, the high school graduation rate for Arizona CTE concentrators (STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE A PROGRAM SEQUENCE) is about 93 percent – which is much higher than the Arizona average.
Our Vision: Every Arizona student has a developed career pathway.
Career and Technical Education is part of a well-rounded education and, as such, CTE programs are eligible to access Title IV funds.
- My Future AZ
- Without Limits: A Shared Vision for the Future of Career Technical Education
- CTE & The State Seal of Arts Proficiency
- K-8 Career Literacy Standards
- Arizona Department of Education Quality and Compliance Monitoring Form
- Perkins V - Five Year Grant/Program Monitoring Schedule
- For information about CTE Teacher Certification go to - https://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/forms-and-information/certificates - then scroll down and select the blue bar titled Career and Technical Education (CTE) Certificates