School counselors design and deliver school counseling programs that improve student outcomes. “The ASCA National Model: A Framework for School Counseling Programs” outlines the components of a school counseling program that is integral to the school’s academic mission and is created to have a significant positive impact on student achievement, attendance and discipline.
The ASCA National Model guides school counselors in the development of school counseling programs that:
Explore the ASCA National Model website to learn more about the ASCA National Model, its component parts and how developing a school counseling program based on this framework can improve student achievement.
Thank you to our CTE Program Specialists for creating these CTE Quick Reference Guides to assist school counselors in CTE recruitment. Please watch the presentation below on how to use the CTE Quick Reference Guides.
Arizona Education & Career Action Plan (ECAP) Information - www.azed.gov/ecap/
ADE Post-Secondary Resources - www.azed.gov/ccr/
- Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education
- College Goal Arizona - Statewide initiative that schools can be part of comprising of the Arizona Collge Applicaiton Campaign, College Goal FAF$A, and FAFSA Finish Line
- Ask BENJI - Benji provides immediate, confidential answers to questions about the FAFSA. The tool has been programmed to answer 600+ FAFSA and financial aid questions that
students and parents may have while completing their FAFSA
- College Success Arizona
- AzCAN- Arizona College Access Network
- AzCAN Standards - Outline the factors critical to students postsecondary success and provide a guide for professionals along the PreK-16 continumm to prepare all studnets to be college and career ready
- CAP Training - AzCAN’s College Access Professional (CAP) Training will help professionals develop an understanding of their role in developing a college-going mission for all students, particularly students in poverty or facing other barriers in postsecondary planning. All the courses are designed for anyone who provides direct service to students, no matter what their role may be.
- Student & Educator Resources - Presentations, Videos, Checklists, Trainings - everything you need for postsecondary support
Amanda Nolasco, School Counselor Specialist
Arizona Department of Education
1535 W Jefferson Street, Bin 24
Phoenix, AZ 85007