ADE's Office of Indian Education (OIE) is working with tribes across the state to support the continued education of students in our tribal nation communities. The following resources include additional supports for tribal communities and families.
Office of Indian Education FAQ
- The Arizona Department of Health Services has a school dashboard including the benchmarks for school learning models.
- The Inter Tribal Council of Arizona compiled a list of COVID-19 resources for their tribal members. Note: Many resources available on this page apply to indigenous peoples who are not part of an ITCA member tribe.
- Arizona State University compiled a list of COVID-19 resources for indigenous peoples. The resource list contains a variety of indigenous centric resources.
- Arizona Department of Child Safety compiled a contact list for social and human service directors in each of Arizona's tribal nations.
- The National Indian Education Association has a COVID19 resource page for indigenous communities and schools operated by the Bureau of Indian Education.
- Pandemic EBT(P-EBT), as introduced in H.R. 6201, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, provides assistance to households with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals, while schools are out of session due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Arizona P-EBT Pandemic School Meal Replacement Benefits program is a partnership between DES, the Arizona Department of Education, and the USDA Food and Nutrition Service. Learn more here.
- Indigenous Educators Unite has an active list of resources.
- The University of Arizona maintains a list of resources for its indigenous students.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: 1-844-542-8201
- Arizona COVID-19 Hotline: 211 or 877-211-8661
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text "START" or "HELLO" to 741741
- Teen Lifeline: Calling available 24/7. Texting available 12pm-9pm on weekdays and 3pm-9pm on weekends.Peer counselors are still available from 3pm to 9pm every day.
- 602-248-8336 (TEEN)
- 800-248-8336 (TEEN)