The Administrative Review
ADE must conduct Administrative Reviews of all sponsors of the NSLP and/or SBP at least once each three-year review cycle. The objectives of the Administrative Review (AR) are to:
- Determine whether program requirements are met
- Provide technical assistance
- Secure any needed corrective action
- Assess fiscal action and, when applicable, recover improperly paid funds.
Sponsors receiving an AR will be notified the summer prior to the school year the AR will be conducted. A list of sponsors scheduled to receive an AR in the current school year can also be found here:
- What to Expect of Your Administrative Review
- This web-based presentation is intended for the School Food Authorities in the state of Arizona. All regulations are specific to operating the National School Lunch Program under the direction of the Arizona Department of Education. Information provided is current as of release date to meet the regulations of USDA and ADE.
- What to Expect of Your Administrative Review SY 19-20
- Off-Site Assessment Tool
- This tool will be used by your reviewer to determine the scope of the review and allows them to better understand your operation of the NSLP/SBP. You may need the help of other staff from your district, school, or facility to answer some of the questions (such as the person responsible for financial management of the NSLP, your Local Wellness Policy coordinator, etc.). Your reviewer will request your completed Off-Site Assessment Tool prior to the on-site visit; it is highly encouraged you complete the tool as soon as possible to help expedite the AR process.
- School Food Authority Appeal Procedure for AR
Click here to review PY17 (SY 16-17) Administrative Review Summary & Seamless Summer Option (SSO) Reports
Click here to review PY18 (SY 17-18) Administrative Review Summary & Seamless Summer Option (SSO) Reports
Click here to review PY19 (SY 18-19) Administrative Review Summary & Seamless Summer Option (SSO) Reports
Administrative Review Summary Reports for SFAs reviewed in Program Year (PY) 19 (School Year 18-19)
Administrative Review Summary Reports
- Acclaim Charter School (07-87-01)
- Adobe Mountain School (21-91-01)
- Ajo Unified District (10-02-15)
- Hopi Day School (09-91-01)
- Integrity Education Incorporated (07-87-51)
- Mexicayotl Academy, Inc. (12-87-03)
- Morristown Elementary District (07-03-75)
- Second Mesa Day School (09-91-02)
- The Paideia Academies, Inc (07-82-06)
- Winslow Residential Hall Inc (09-27-01)
What is the Second/Independent Review of applications?
The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA) included several provisions to help increase effectiveness and integrity in Child Nutrition Programs. As part of an effort to decrease certification errors during the eligibility determination process, section 304 of the HHFKA requires that certain local education agencies (LEAs) conduct a second, independent review of applications for free and reduced price meal benefits before eligibility determinations are made.
Which LEAs are required to conduct a second review of applications?
Beginning in SY 2014-2015, LEAs that demonstrate high levels of, or a high risk for administrative error associated with certification and benefit issuance are required to conduct a second review of applications.