Becoming an Educator in Arizona
Our Arizona schools need dedicated, passionate, and highly effective educators to inspire our preK-12th grade students. If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of Arizona students, follow these steps and you will be on your way to joining the best profession in the world.
- Start by identifying the area of certification you would like to pursue (listed below).
- Select the best-matched pathway program that better describes the program type you want to complete.
Traditional Bachelor’s Degree Educator Preparation Program –
I am a college student interested in completing a program that will require me to complete a 12-week student teaching experience and award me a bachelor’s degree leading to certification that will be accepted by other U.S states.
Traditional or Alternative Post-Baccalaureate Educator Preparation Program-
I have a bachelor’s degree and want to further my education by completing a post-baccalaureate certificate program or a master’s degree program at an accredited institution. The program may include a culminating capstone 12-week student teaching experience leading to certification or may be completed while being employed full-time as an Arizona teacher. My certificate may be accepted by other U.S. states.
Alternative Educator Preparation Certificate Program –
I have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and want to enroll in a State Board approved Educator Preparation Program that will allow me to complete my program requirements for certification while being employed as a full-time Arizona teacher with an Alternative Teaching Certificate. Completion of the program requirements, certificate requirements and verified teaching experience will lead me to certification.
- Enroll and complete an Educator Preparation Program from your selected pathway.
- Pass all appropriate AEPA exams for your selected certificate.
- Once you complete the Educator Preparation Program, you will be issued an Institutional Recommendation indicating program completion.
- Already have an Institutional Recommendation? Apply for certification here.
I am interested in teaching:
I am interested in: