Grant Application Dates
- The State Tutoring grant application will open on July 27, 2020. State Tutoring grant applications must be completed by September 11, 2020.
- Please read the 2020-2021 Announcement Letter for updates to the program.
- Please read the Application Information provided on this website. This guidance will assist you as you complete the GME application.
- Please see Approved Providers if you are interested in providing state Tutoring at your site, but would like to utilize the services of a tutoring provider.
- Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
2020-2021 Announcement Letter
In accordance with ARS §15-241 (K): The ADE State Tutoring fund represents the program available to all pupils in a school assigned a letter grade of D or F. The parents or guardians of pupils attending a school assigned a letter grade of D or F may select an alternative tutoring program in academic standards from an approved provider. Please see the FY19 Eligible Schools list link on this page for those schools that are approved to apply for the 2020-2021* school year.
There is a finite amount of funding available; therefore, when that amount has been encumbered, the ADE cannot approve additional grants. For more information, please see the information linked under the Tutor Information section.
*School letter grades for the 2020-2021 school year remain in place from the 2019-2020 school year due to changes made by the Arizona Board of Education in March 2019. All schools that were eligible for tutoring monies in the 2019-2020 school year are eligible for state tutoring funds in the 2020-2021 school year even if they did not participate in the program in the 2019-2020 school year.