Timeline for English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) Implementation
School Year 2019-2020: Introduction, Rollout, and Training
- LEAs are to continue to utilize the current ELPS (2010) for School Year 2019-2020.
- During School Year 2019-2020, ADE will work with LEAs to provide training on the Revised ELPS for use in School Year 2020-2021.
- AZELLA will continue to be based on the 2010 ELPS.
School Year 2020-2021: Transition and Continued Training
- LEAs are expected to start including the Revised ELPS in lesson plans during School Year 2020-2021.
- AZELLA will continue to be based on the 2010 ELPS; therefore, a map aligning the 2010 ELPS and the Revised ELPS will be provided to LEAs for use in planning.
School Year 2021-2022: Implementation
- LEAs will fully implement the Revised ELPS.
- AZELLA will be based on the Revised ELPS.