Educator Certification: Endorsements
Endorsements are attachments to teaching certificates and indicate areas of specialization. They are for grades K-12 unless otherwise indicated. Once issued, they are automatically renewed with the teaching certificate on which the endorsement was posted. Optional endorsements may be required by local governing boards. All requirements for the endorsement must be met.
Courses and programs must be taken from an accredited institution.
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities, PreK-12
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities, PreK-12
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Birth - Grade 12
- Visually Impaired, Birth - Grade 12
- Library-Media Specialist, PreK-12
- Mathematics, K-8
- Reading Endorsement 6-12
- Reading Endorsement K-8
- Reading Endorsement K-12
- Literacy, K-5
- Computer Science, PreK-8
- Computer Science, 6-12
- Cooperative Education, K12
- Driver’s Education
- Bilingual Education, PreK-12
- English as a Second Language (ESL), PreK-12
- Structured English Immersion (SEI), PreK-12
- Gifted Education, PreK-12
- Art, PreK-12
- Computer Science, PreK-12
- Dance, PreK-12
- Dramatic Arts/Theater, PreK-12
- Early Childhood Education, Birth – Age 8 or Grade 3
- Elementary Foreign Language, K-8
- Middle Grade, 5-9
- Music, PreK-12
- Physical Education, PreK-12
- Application to Change My Contact Information
- Application to Change My Name
- Deficiency Removal Form: Used to apply to have deficiencies removed from a valid certificate.
- Explanation of Incident Form: Used by applicants who answer “Yes” to any Criminal History or Background Questions.
- Foreign Credential Evaluation Agencies: A list of foreign credentialing agencies for applicants using coursework or degrees from a foreign college or university to meet certification requirements.
- Request for a Duplicate Copy of Certificate: Used to request a duplicate copy of a certificate.
- Request for Initial Certification Fee Waiver - Family Income: Used for those whose family income does not exceed 200% of the current federal poverty guidelines.
- Request for Initial Certification Fee Waiver - Military Eligibility: Used for active military and spouses and those who have been honorably discharged within the last 2 years.
- Subject Matter Expert Social Media and Phone Use Attestation: Submit a signed form with the Subject Matter Expert application.
- Verification of PreK-12 Teaching Experience: Used to verify full-time teaching experience.
- Verification of PreK-12 Leadership & Professional Non-Teaching Experience: Used to verify administrative and professional non-teaching experience, (School Counselor, School Social Worker, School Psychologist, or School Speech-Language Pathologist.)
- Verification of Experience for CTE Form: Used to verify work experience for CTE applicants.
- Verification of Computer Science Endorsement Form
Ready to apply - Click here for step-by-step directions.
Apply online using our educator portal, AzEDCert.
To add an endorsement to an appropriate valid teaching certificate, apply online or use the Certificate Application: Certification Application Form [PDF]
Do you need to verify full-time PreK-12 teaching experience?
Use the Verification of PreK-12 Teaching Experience form
Do you need to verify computer science training by your district to help qualify for the Computer Science Endorsement?
Use the Verification of Computer Science Endorsement Training form