Endorsements are attachments to teaching certificates and indicate areas of specialization. They are for grades K-12 unless otherwise indicated. Once issued, they are automatically renewed with the teaching certificate on which the endorsement was posted. Optional endorsements may be required by local governing boards. All requirements for the endorsement must be met. Courses and programs must be taken from an accredited institution.
Endorsements and Requirements:
- Art, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Bilingual Education, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Computer Science, PreK-8 *NEW [PDF]
- Computer Science, 6-12 *NEW [PDF]
- Computer Science, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Cooperative Education, K12 [PDF]
- Dance, PreK12 [PDF]
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Birth - Grade 12 [PDF]
- Dramatic Arts/Theater, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Driver’s Education [PDF]
- Early Childhood Education, Birth – Age 8 or Grade 3 [PDF]
- Elementary Foreign Language, K-8 [PDF]
- English as a Second Language (ESL), PreK-12 [PDF]
- Gifted Education, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Library-Media Specialist, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Mathematics, K-8 [PDF]
- Middle Grade, 5-9 [PDF]
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities, PreK-12 *NEW [PDF]
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities, PreK-12 *NEW [PDF]
- Music, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Physical Education, PreK-12 [PDF]
- Reading Endorsement [PDF]
- Structured English Immersion (SEI), PreK-12 [PDF]
- Visually Impaired, Birth - Grade 12 [PDF]
Apply online using our educator portal, AzEDCert.
To add an endorsement to an appropriate valid teaching certificate, apply online or use the Certificate Application: Certification Application Form [PDF]
Do you need to verify full-time PreK-12 teaching experience?
Use the Verification of PreK-12 Teaching Experience form
Do you need to verify computer science training by your district to help qualify for the Computer Science Endorsement?
Use the Verification of Computer Science Endorsement Training form