Congratulations! You are ready to take the next steps to obtain your Alternative Teaching Certificate.
You are receiving this message as you are an Arizona Teachers Academy recipient. Your certification fees are waived with your scholarship. To ensure that your application is processed accurately and timely, please follow the steps outlined below.
AzEDCert Application Process:
1. Ensure that your IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card is Valid:
- Verify that your IVP Fingerprint card is valid, this is visible below your name.
- If your IVP card is not valid or is not registering with ADE please contact the Arizona Department of Public Safety at 602-223-2279:
- Confirm that DPS has your SSN on file and it is correct.
- Confirm that Teacher Certification is checked on your file as the sponsor.
2. Ensure that you meet the testing requirements:
- To add the certification area, (Elementary Ed, Secondary, or Special Ed., etc.) you need to have passed the appropriate Subject Knowledge Exam.
- If you have not passed the appropriate exam your alternative certificate will be issued without the certification area.
- If you have a degree in your certification area (Mathematics, English, History, Science, etc.) your degree will meet the subject knowledge requirements.
- Review testing requirements here.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
3. Submit the required documents:
- Letter verifying enrollment in a Board-approved teacher preparation program, signed by the appropriate individual:
- An acceptance letter will not meet this requirement.
- Upload the verification letter with your application.
- Official transcripts, documenting a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, are to be sent to [email protected] by your institution:
- Transcripts uploaded with your application or emailed by the applicant are not considered official.
- If you are applying with transcripts from out-of-the-country your transcripts need to be evaluated by an approved foreign transcript evaluation agency to identify the equivalent degree:
- Request a course-by-course evaluation.
- Request that the agency submits these to [email protected].
4. Check status/receiving your certificate:
- You may check the status of your application through AzEDCert by clicking the "Open Applications" or "Closed Applications" tabs.
- Once your certificate is issued, it will be listed in your Educator Details.
- Once the certificate has been issued, it will arrive within 5-10 days via regular mail to the address you provided when applying.