AZELLA - Placement Test FAQs
2 weeks prior to district's first day of instruction through May 12, 2023.
- The Annual and Placement Training modules must be completed before any AZELLA testing can start.
- New to Arizona public schools, the Home Language Survey responses includes a language other than English and American Sign Language (ASL) on any of the 3 responses, does not have an AZELLA testing history or EL Program Transactionsa as shown on the EL70 Report.
- Students who have a red font message on their EL70 Report indicating that a new Placement Test is needed.
- Students who are associated with EL Group 8 on the EL73 Report.
- Students with a Mainstream to English Placement Test referral form.
Foreign Exchange students who are not receiving state funds are not eligible for AZELLA testing.
Students who have a blue font message on their EL70 Report are not eligible for AZELLA testing.
Kindergarten and Grades 1 and 2 require paper testing materials.
- KPT Student/Test Administrator combined test book, KPT Response Sheets, and manipulatives
- Stage II (Grades 1 and 2) Student Test Book, Stage II Test Administration Directions (TAD), Stage 2 Listening Test CD or download the audio file from PAN > Support > Documentation.
- DTCs must inventory the materials on hand at the district and schools, and then the DTC may place an additional order for more materials through PearsonAccess Next (PAN) if more are needed.
Grades 3 through 12 students complete their tests online through TestNav; however, there is an electronic Test Administration Directions that must be downloaded, saved, and printed for the Test Administrators.
- The TADs are available in PAN > Support > Documentation > Stage 3 TAD (for Grades 3-5) or Stages IV-V TAD (for Grades 6-12).
No, a Braille version of the AZELLA Placement Test is not currently available.
Yes. The AZELLA Placement Test is administered through May 12, 2023 for those students who are eligible fore an AZELLA Placement Test and for those who require a new Placement Test.
Students who are administered an AZELLA Placement Test after January 1, 2023 do not need to be administered the Spring AZELLA Reassessment Test.