INTERNAL PD OPPORTUNITY: Dive Deep into AZ Math Standards for Special Education Teachers, July 2020
- Fri, Jul 17 2020 •
- Professional Learning and Sustainability
Special Education Directors,
Please see the available professional development opportunities below.
Dive Deep into AZ Math Standards
Special Education Teachers
We know that, as special education teachers, you are typically working across multiple grade levels and with students who have various strengths, and we are here to support you in making it all work!
Join us as we spend time diving into our math standards and supporting documents to consider the following:
- Where are the students coming from? We will delineate content from the previous grade level.
- What do they need to learn this year? We will discuss the major content standards of the current grade level and how we can embed previous year learnings.
- Where are they headed? We will look at connections across grade bands that will support student learning in subsequent years.
See the list of sessions below, and please feel free to sign up for the session(s) that are most relevant to you, based on the students that you support. These sessions are a repeat of the sessions offered in June, and we welcome teachers who are attending for the first time and those who wish to join us again!
- Grades K-2: July 21, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Grades 2-3: July 22, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Grades 3-5: July 23, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Grades 5-6: July 24, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- 6th Grade: July 21, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- 7th – 8th Grade: July 22, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- HS Algebra I/II: July 23, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- HS Geometry: July 24, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.