- icon iconIs the federal law that allows the U.S. Government to support both national and local education goals with grants and other resources.
- icon iconExpands access to high-quality preschool.
- icon iconGives back to the states the power to identify the schools that need the most help.
- icon iconLets states determine how to measure student and school success.
- icon iconSupports college- and career-ready standards.
- icon iconReplaces No Child Left Behind (NCLB).
- icon iconESSA is also the latest iteration, or extension, of the 1965 Elementary and Secondary Education Act.