Welcome to ESA
The Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) program is an account administered by The Arizona Department of Education that is funded by state tax dollars to provide educational options for qualified Arizona students. By opting out of the public school system, parents can seek a range of alternative educational services, such as private school or home-based education. The ESA program is not affiliated with any services, providers, vendors or websites, please ensure you are referring to our website and documents for program direction.
News and Updates
- The ESA Phone line is open from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays.
- The ESA office will be closed on January 1st, 2019.
- icon Important Starting October 1st, 2019 (Quarter 2), ESA no longer accepts:
- We appreciate your patience as we diligently work through the high volume of calls, e-mails, and applications.
- Read Superintendent Hoffman’s Open Letter to Parents sent on July 25, 2019.
About ESA and Applying for ESA:
Current ESA Recipients:
Best viewed in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and IE11 web browsers.