Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) Program
This page is undergoing some changes - Thank you for your continued patience
50,088 Arizona Students benefit from an Empowerment Scholarship Account
(as of 03/20/23)
IMPORTANT ESA UPDATES
Click on the button below to view the important video message
View Important ESA updates from Supt. Horne and ESA Director Accurso
The team is working as quickly as possible to process all pending orders (this includes reimbursements,
ClassWallet Marketplace orders, and Pay Vendor transactions).
We appreciate your patience.
Universal Quarter 1 Eligibility:
To receive Quarter 1 funding, you must do all three of the following:
- Apply by 10/15. Click here to apply.
- If applicable, resolve any application deficiencies within 30 days of the initial incomplete notice by ADE
- Sign your contract within 30 days of receiving the link from ADE
For those applicants who meet the criteria specified above, Quarter 1 funding will be applied retroactively. Please note that retroactive Quarter 1 funding may take several months to complete because of the large number of applications.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you DO NOT want to receive Q1 funding AND you've signed a contract, you will need to close and reapply.
Funding & Next Steps: Once a signed ESA contract is received by the Department, ESA staff will work with both the Treasurer’s Office and ClassWallet to open and fund the account, this process can take at least 3 weeks, however, due to the volume, it may take longer. Account holders will receive an email from ClassWallet when funds are available.
Other ESA Eligibility Categories: There is no retroactivity clause for any applicants other than Universal ESA applicants.
(Date updated: 12/14/22)
Apply Now for the 2022-2023 School Year
The best way to get your ESA questions answered is to submit a HelpDesk ticket (this link is available only for non-ADE users). There is a one-time registration process. Once registered, you can quickly and easily submit your requests. View our step-by-step guide here. You can either ask a question or file a complaint.
If you have issues with HelpDesk registration or are receiving an error message, please email us at [email protected] with the following information, so that we can pass it on to our I.T. team for resolution.
- Your phone number
- Application ID (if applicable)
- Email Address that you registered with
- Specific error message you received. If you are able to, please include a screenshot of the error message.
- For Zoho errors - Whether you have previously received a Zoho email
Are you new to the program? In addition to our ESA Parent Handbook, the ESA Parent Guide is a great place to start!
Read the updated FAQ related to H.B. 2853 here
What is an ESA?
- Expands educational opportunities for eligible students outside of the public school system
- Provides public funding that can be used for a wide variety of educational expenses
- Pays for private school tuition, educational therapies, tutoring, and more