We have two certification windows to assist applicants at our new location: 100 N 15th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85007. Our windows are open: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. We recommend arriving by 4 PM to allow time for advisement and processing.
We will be happy to advise applicants with certification questions and processing services for existing certificates. All applications for new certificates, endorsements, and/or approved areas will be placed in the queue and processed in the order they are received. The quickest way to apply or renew is online.
Please mail any certification correspondence to the following address:
- Arizona Department of Education - Certification Unit P.O. Box 6490 Phoenix, AZ 85005
Frequently Visited Pages
- Certificate Requirements: Available teaching, non-teaching, administrative, and CTE certificates and requirements for each.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP): Information on how to acquire or renew your Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint clearance card from the AZ Department of Public Safety.
- Prepare and Submit An Application: Step-by-step guide for preparing and submitting your certification application. The quickest way to apply or renew is online!
- Frequently Asked Questions: A one-stop shop for all the frequently asked questions about teacher certification in Arizona.
The Certification Unit at the Arizona Department of Education provides services to educators to assist them in obtaining and maintaining their Arizona Educator Certification. Educators are certified in myriad areas, including Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, CTE, STEM, Arts, Physical Education, Administration, Special Education, Adult Education, and others, and adding approved content areas and endorsements. The unit also assists out-of-state educators in obtaining Arizona Certification and supports Human Resource departments through staff training and facilitating on-site certification events to meet the needs of their educators.
The Arizona Department of Education advances equity and excellence for all students by serving school leaders, educators, and staff, collaborating with communities, and leading with data-driven best practices.
The Certification Unit processes over 40,000 different services annually with a typical processing time of 1 to 3 weeks and as long as six weeks during the peak season. The unit is comprised of 12 staff members in Phoenix.
Sign Up for Email Updates