The USDA Foods Program distributes domestic wholesome foods such as grains, fruits, vegetables and proteins to support school meals that meet USDA regulations.
Guidance and Training
- School Food Programs Quarterly Conference Call
Join in on the School Food Programs Quarterly Conference Call to hear about the latest updates, trends, and reminders for the USDA School Foods including the Direct Delivery, Processing, Department of Defense (DoD), and Farm to School. This is also a time to learn more about Farm to School, Procurement, Contracting, and opportunities to attend upcoming trainings and events.
- Step by Step Instruction: How to Avoid Excess Storage Fees
- Step by Step Instruction: How to Create a Brown Box Catalog Requisition
- Step by Step Instruction: How to Create a Processing Catalog Requisition
- Step by Step Instruction: How to Create a Surplus Catalog Requisition
- Step by Step Instruction: How to Schedule a Shipment & Complete a Shipment Verification
- Find more trainings on the Training and Professional Standard webpage.
The donated foods processed through this program are for schools participating in the National School Lunch Program and the Food Distribution Program. This alternative method can provide a variety of foods, meet nutritional requirements, reduce costs of meals and add convenience to a school lunch program.
- Processor Contract and Category Information (SY20-SY25)
- Broker Contact List (updated 4/1/2020)
- School Recipient Agency (RA) Processing Handbook
- USDA Foods Processing Fact Sheet
- HNS 23-2019 Entitlement Usage Guidelines for School Year 2019-2020
- HNS 18-2019: USDA Foods in School Welcome Back School Year 2019-2020
- HNS 16-2019: USDA Foods Warehouse Delivery Fees School Year 2019-2020
- SP 25-2014: School Food Authorities (SFAs) Purchasing Produce from U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Vendors Using Section 4 and 11 or Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) Funds
For more USDA standardized recipes visit: What’s Cooking: USDA Mixing Bowl
Do you have a kid-approved, fan favorite recipe that you’d like to share with your Arizona peers? Share with us! Email School Food Programs Team at [email protected].