AzEDS for Developers
Use Case Scenarios
Below is the current version of the Use Case Scenarios and Release Notes for both the sandbox and production. Please note that Release Notes are updated for major releases.
**Links are provided for the last updated version of previous fiscal years. Previous versions will remain provided for the purpose of 915s. For requirements on data submissions accrued before 2016, refer to SAIS documentation.
|AzEDS Rest API Use Case||AzEDS Rest API Release Notes||Use Case Last Updated|
|FY2021||Use Case 6.0||API 6.0 (3.2) – Release Notes||5/15/2020|
|FY2020||Use Case 5.0||API 5.0 (3.1) – Release Notes||3/20/2020 (see change log)|
|FY2019||Use Case 4.0||API 4.0 – Release Notes||6/22/2018 (see change log)|
|FY2018||Use Case 3.0||API 3.0 – Release Notes||5/4/2018 (see change log)|
|FY2017||Use Case 2.3.5||API 2.3 – Release Notes||11/21/2016 (see change log)|
- Admin Portal: https://sandbox-rest-api-admin-r6.azeds.azed.gov/
- Swagger UI: https://sandbox-rest-ui-r6.azeds.azed.gov/
- REST API: https://sandbox-rest-api-r6.azeds.azed.gov/
- Admin Portal: https://sandbox-rest-api-admin-r5.azeds.azed.gov/
- Swagger UI: https://sandbox-rest-ui-r5.azeds.azed.gov/
- REST API: https://sandbox-rest-api-r5.azeds.azed.gov/
- Admin Portal: https://sandbox-rest-api-admin-r4.azeds.azed.gov/
- Swagger UI: https://sandbox-rest-ui-r4.azeds.azed.gov/
- REST API: https://sandbox-rest-api-r4.azeds.azed.gov/
For access to the sandbox Admin Portal, please send requests to [email protected]
AzEDS SIS Vendor Certification
The SIS certification process ensures that each student information system (SIS) used by Arizona educational institutions can pass all required information to ADE via the AzEDS REST API. Certification is conducted at the SIS vendor level for a specific version of that vendor’s SIS.
Conducted over the course of several 3-4 hour sessions, the certification process tests the vendor system’s ability to pull and push data via the AzEDS REST API. Prior to the first certification session, we will send you information about the vendor test environment (REST API urls, API key and secret, etc.) plus basic parameters we will be using during the certification process, such as district, school, class periods, and term types. This will give you time to make sure you have access to the environment and perform any necessary setup in your SIS prior to the first session.
Feel free to test your access to this environment, but please restrict your REST API calls to GETs as we want to make sure our certification scenarios are not affected by pre-existing data. After the certification process is complete, your test database will be archived in case it is ever needed for auditing purposes.
The certification process will take place as an online meeting. You will be asked to share your screen so that we can watch you enter the appropriate certification parameters into your SIS, and so we can watch how the resulting transactions are submitted to the REST API. We will email each group of scenarios during the certification session, and will run scripts to verify the information has landed correctly on our database.
Feel free to contact us by email with questions at [email protected]. We look forward to working through this process with you.
AzEDS 5.0 Vendor Certification Package (Updated 3/28/2019)
ADE’s AzEDS team works directly with vendors to help ensure their respective student information systems are “AzEDS Ready.” All LEAs (Local Education Agencies) are required to submit data to ADE using AzEDS.
Vendors must be able to support current year and three prior years data submissions to accommodate the 915 Process – A.R.S.§ 15–915 provides LEAs the ability to modify state-aid impacted and budget capacity data for the prior three years. Technical details will be published on AzEDS website (FY18 will be the first year AzEDS will support 915s for FY17). Information on the business process can be found at School Finance website for 915 Request Guidelines.
AzEDS combines the consistency of standardized data elements with the efficiency of a REST API to streamline the submission and consumption of education data in Arizona. The AzEDS process works as follows:
- LEAs (i.e. districts and charters) maintain control of the data collection and submission process using their preferred student information systems. Each LEA decides when to submit its data to ADE (within statutory windows).
- Data submitted via the AzEDS REST API arrives at ADE and checked for transmission errors. Problems with the raw data are immediately logged in reports LEAs can use to rectify the errors.
- Successfully submitted data is then processed by ADE’s rules engine (Integrity), which carries out logic checks and validates for compliance with applicable requirements.
- Processed data is then stored in the appropriate databases and made available to other applications throughout ADE. Various reports are also generated to help LEAs align their data with state and federal regulations.
SIS Vendor Onboarding
The following are the steps to the vendor onboarding process:
- Vendor and LEA contact ADE Support to request onboarding approval.
- ADE schedules an online meeting and sends vendor an invite via email.
- Vendor, ADE and LEA discuss issues, comments, concerns.
- ADE works to get Vendor setup on REST API Sandbox and and LEA setup on UAT environments for testing.
- Vendor ensures that all programming is complete prior to submitting into AzEDS production environment.
- Vendor and LEA work to ensure data submissions meet their service level agreement.
SIS Vendors Certified on AzEDS REST API
SIS Vendors (SIS name) Certified on AzEDS REST API:
- Arizona Dept. of Juvenile Corrections (AZDJC)
- BocaVox (Maestro)
- Edupoint (Synergy)
- HANE Solutions (SchoolDex)
- Infinite Campus (Infinite Campus)
- JupiterEd (JupiterEd)
- Mesa Distance Learning Program (MDLP)
- Pearson (Connexus)
- PowerSchool (PowerSchool)
- Strongmind (Strongmind)
- Tyler Technologies (Schoolmaster)
- Tyler Technologies (Tyler SIS v10)
- MediaNet Solutions (e-IEP PRO)