What is Adult Education?
Arizona Adult Education provides comprehensive education and training services to students 16 years of age
and older who are not enrolled in a K-12 school.
Adult Education providers offer access to quality
programs to assist adult participants/students to:
- Improve literacy and academic skills for employment and economic self-sufficiency
- Earn an Arizona High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma
- Become proficient in English language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Participate in Integrated Education and Training (IET) programs to earn an industry recognized credential and connect to employment and job training opportunities
- Transition to post-secondary education
Announcement: Request for Grant Application (RFGA) 2024-2028 Arizona WIOA Title II Adult Education Grant
The Arizona Department of Education-Adult Education Services will be conducting a competition to award Adult Education grant funding, as authorized by Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), for the 2024 - 2028 Arizona Title II Adult Education Grant.
Detailed information and the Request for Grant Application (RFGA) will be made available on January 4, 2024, on the AES Website: https://www.azed.gov/adultedservices
A pre-proposal virtual meeting will be held on January 10, 2024, from 02:00 PM - 03:15 PM (MST). Please register at:https://azed-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEsceqqrTIrE9F3OJJpzX5oSXRpHrgUzxNU#/registration
The Adult Education and Family Act (AEFLA), as amended by WIOA, permit the following organizational types to apply as Eligible Title II Applicants:
- A local education agency (LEA)
- A community-based organization or faith-based organization
- A volunteer literacy organization
- An institution of higher learning
- A public or private non-profit agency
- A library
- A public housing authority
- A non-profit institution that is not described above and has the ability to provide adult education and literacy activities to eligible individuals as described in WIOA
- A consortium or coalition of the agencies, organizations, institutions, libraries, Joint Technical Education Districts (JTED), or authorities described above; or
- A partnership between an employer and an entity described above.
Questions about the AZ RFGA process may be directed to [email protected].