What is it?
The Troops to Teachers Program helps active, reserve, or veterans begin a new career teaching students in Kindergarten through the 12th grade. This benefit entitles servicemembers to educational counseling, mentoring, job referral assistance, and financial incentives of up $10,000* Arizona’s state coordinator is available to help navigate through the many options possible to become a certificated teacher. (*Additional requirements may be required.)
- You have a rich combination of skills and competencies which are a natural fit for the classroom.
- Your worldly perspective can help students develop the skills necessary to complete on a global scale.
- Sharing your life experiences will build character and foster imagination.
- The skills and leadership you developed during your service has all the makings to be a great mentor.
When and how can I apply?
There is no time limit to receive counseling, mentoring, and job referral assistance. Financial incentives in the form of a Stipend and/or Bonus may be available 1 year prior to separation and no later than 3 years after separation. Additional requirements may be required.
- Stipends of up to $5,000 may be available for eligible participants to assist with obtaining the required educational level, teacher certification, and licensing.
- Bonuses of to $10,000 may be available for eligible participants as an incentive to teach in an eligible or high need school.
Program details and registration can be found at www.proudtoserveagain.com. After submission of necessary information and documents, participants will be notified of acceptance and any financial incentives you are qualified for through the Troops to Teachers national office. Completing the Arizona Registration form (Located Top Right) will expedite state assistance.