Special Education teachers are certified to teach in a variety of special education classrooms from Preschool to 12th grade serving special education student populations with varying needs. The Arizona Department of Education issues the following certificates:
The following pathways are approved to lead to one of the above Special Education Certificates:
icon check markArizona State Board of Education Approved Programs
How to proceed:
1. Choose the best-matched pathway program appropriate to you.
2. Enroll and complete all program requirements.
3. Take and pass the AEPA exams listed in the requirements for the appropriate certificate.
4. Receive an Institutional Recommendation from your institution.
5. Ensure you meet all certificate requirements and apply for certification here.
- Requirements for Certification:
- Requirements for Additional Approved Areas - Testing Information - Alternative Program Contact Information