Arizona Literacy Road Show - Bullhead City, AZ
- Thu, Jun 29 2023 - Thu, Jun 29 2023 • Workshop/Training
- K-12 Elementary School Middle School High School Preschool Kindergarten Academic Standards English Language Arts English Learners
The Arizona Department of Education English Language Arts team invites you to attend the Arizona Literacy Road Show coming to a location near you!
About the event: This day-long in-person professional learning experience will be a celebration of the science of reading and all things K-12 literacy. Keynote session will be based on the components of Scarborough’s Reading Rope, and the breakout sessions will demonstrate how to implement effective literacy practices based on the science of reading into classroom instruction. Participants will attend the morning keynote and then will have a choice of three additional breakout sessions to attend. Registration begins at 8:30 AM on your selected day, and the event goes from 9 AM – 3:30 PM. Lunch will be your own.
Audience: Teachers, reading specialists, literacy coaches, interventionists, administrators, support staff
Registration: Participants must register for the event in the ADE APLD. Participation is capped at 150 participants. All participants who register in APLD and attend the Arizona Literacy Road Show will receive an attendance certificate displaying 5 clock hours. Specific location information and address will be emailed to participants.
Contact Information: For additional information about the Arizona Literacy Road Show please contact: Karen Ten Napel at [email protected]
- Safford, AZ – Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 – CANCELLED, please see email for other options if you had registered for this date
- Holbrook, AZ – Thursday, June 15th, 2023 – held at Holbrook Unified School District
- Page, AZ – Tuesday, June 27th, 2023 – now VIRTUAL, open to ANYONE in the state who would like to attend
- Bullhead City, AZ – Thursday, June 29th, 2023 – held at Bullhead City Middle School, 1062 Hancock Road, Bullhead City
DateThu, Jun 29 2023 - Thu, Jun 29 2023
Time8:30AM - 3:30PM
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School