EXTERNAL PD INFO: Professional Learning for Paraeducators, Teachers, and Administrators
- Thu, Jun 9 2022 •
- Professional Learning and Sustainability
Special Education Administrators,
Starting in August 2022, the National Resource Center for Paraeducators (NRCP) and the Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE) have organized a year of monthly, low-cost, professional development webinars for paraeducators, teachers, administrators, etc.
Saturday Mornings with the NRCP!
Registration is open and ongoing for 12 webinars! One year of professional development!
Join us on the second Saturday of each month for exciting topics and presenters. The first six months will cover topics such as:
- Working Effectively with Students with Challenging and Severe Behaviors
- Teachers and Paraeducators Team-Teaching in the Classroom and On a Tight Schedule: Enhancing Communication Between Paraeducators and General Education Teachers
- Autism/Non-Verbal Trainings/Strategies
- IEPs, IDEA, Behavior Management Plans, and Transition Plans: What Are My Roles and Responsibilities?
- Dispelling the Myths of Unreachable, Unteachable, and Uncaring Students
- Ten Ways to Help the Non-Worker: Jumpstarting Work Completion Behavior
These webinar topics were selected based on feedback collected during the 2021–22 NRCP Regional conferences. The topics were then prioritized based on responses from a participant survey shared with conference participants and across social media outlets. As an administrator or district and state leader, if you have other topics you feel would be pertinent, please feel free to email us.
Each webinar will cost $25 per person. Session bundles are available. Six webinars can be purchased for $125, or all 12 can be purchased for $250. Each webinar will also be recorded and made available to all registrants for a limited time. Group discounts of 20% are available for groups of five or more participants (not limited to specific sessions or bundles). Email Laura Lema for more information and discount codes.
Please review the Save the Date(s) flyer. Each 2-hour webinar will be held from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (please be mindful of your specific time zone).