Fiscal & Programmatic Monitoring
Receiving federal grant monies entails both programmatic and financial duties, which include proper programming and expenditure of monies, goals achievement, and related reporting. Information related to the four key areas addressed during the Fiscal & Programmatic Monitoring are Time and Effort reporting, Expenditure Compliance, Fixed Asset Compliance, Grants Management Compliance, and review of the annual Programmatic Report.
- Year 2 (2012-2013) Annual Programmatic Report, due 11/13/2013
- RTTT Subrecipient Monitoring Plan
- What to Expect from Monitoring / Audit
- Audit Supporting Documentation Memo
- Time and Effort Sample – Payment for Additional Work
- Semi-Annual Time and Effort Example
- Monthly Log Time and Effort Example .xls
- Time and Effort Checklist
- Sample Time and Effort Policy
- Corrective Action Plan Development FAQs
- State Rules for Appealing Audits
- Corrective Action Plan Development (CAP) FAQs | Coversheet for CAP
- How to Create a Group in Visions
- How to Create a Group and Payroll Journal report in Visions
- How to Run the correct Expenditure Detail Report
- How to Run a Fixed Asset/Stewardship Report
- How to Export into Excel within Visions
1st Step – Monitoring Resources
- RTTT Monitoring Tool .docx
- Payroll Checklist
- Non-Payroll Checklist
- Put all required documentation into a compressed (Zip) file
- Make sure to include the correct Expenditure Detail & Annual Programmatic Reports
- Email RTTT Monitoring Tool and compressed file by the deadline with the monitored District/Charter in the subject line
- Auditors will review the documentation and, if needed, follow up with questions and possibly further requests for documentation.
2nd Step – Back-up Documentation
- Your assigned auditor will make a sample of items that were purchased with grant monies and back up documentation will need to be provided for specifics on what will be required. This information can be put into a compressed file.
- Your auditors may request further information.Resource: Audit Supporting Documentation Memo
3rd Step – Finalize the Monitoring
Auditors will work with the LEA to schedule an on-site review to resolve concerns. After all stages are complete, the LEA will receive a Final Decision Letter that will provide the results and/or findings from the audit.
Sandra Skelton, Project Program Specialist II [email protected], Tel: (602) 542-4234