HOPE Conference 2021 (formerly known as the OELAS Conference) will be held December 9-10, 2021 in Tucson, Arizona. OELAS continues its tradition of hosting this in-person conference to provide meaningful professional development opportunities for educators of all students served by Unique Populations at the Arizona Department of Education. The HOPE Conference 2021 theme, Our Students, Their Agency, exemplifies the vision that educating Arizona’s unique populations is a shared responsibility and that equity is at the forefront of the work we ALL do to ensure every student develops a sense of agency, confidence, and determination to give them the competency to choose their path in life.
Breakout sessions will be geared toward educators and administrators who instruct, support, coach, , and assess within the EL, foster care, homeless and migrant programs in the State of Arizona. Participants will enjoy two full days of professional learning engaging with both national and local presenters on topics related to equity, shared responsibility for all students, research-based practices, program implementation and systems for English learners, foster care, homeless and migrant students. Sessions will allow participants the opportunity to acquire new learning and gain information and skills which can be put to practical use upon returning to their districts and charters.
This year’s conference also includes our annual awards banquet, Arizona Student Success Stories, where we will honor and celebrate outstanding Arizona students. There is no charge for the banquet, however, interested conference guests must complete a separate registration for the Arizona Student Success Stories banquet. Banquet registration is capped at 200 guests so adequate social distancing can be ensured. To register for the banquet, please visit the Banquet Registration Event page.
- Conference registration is capped at 425 participants so we can ensure adequate social distancing of our guests.
- In an effort to allow all LEAs across the state the opportunity to attend this valuable conference, we are limiting attendance to no more than 5 staff per LEA.
- Registration for the conference must be completed in the Event Management System (EMS). Interested participants must have an ADE Connect account to complete the registration.
** Please know that sending a purchase order directly to the Arizona Department of Education does not constitute a completed registration for this event.
- Registration opens on July 7, 2021 and will close on November 29, 2021 or when full.
- Conference cancellations/substitutions must be made on or before November 29, 2021.