Arizona’s 2022 IDEA Conference, Rise Up: Reimagining and Transforming Educational Practices, will feature over 75 learning opportunities that will address IDEA legal issues, instructional practices, national trends and hot topics, special education compliance, preschool and secondary transition, and social/emotional learning. This year’s conference will be held in person from September 7–9, 2022 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix.
In partnership with Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs, ADE/ESS is excited to be able to once again offer free registration for Arizona youth and their families.
Who can apply for free registration for the 2022 IDEA Conference:
- Youth/Young adults between the ages of 14 and 26 years who have a documented disability
- Family members of a student with an IEP or 504 Plan
- Personal assistants who attend with a student or family member
- Scholarships cover registration, lodging, and mileage (upon request, for applicants who live 51 miles or more from the JW Marriott Desert Ridge).
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for the cost of food not provided by the conference.
- To ensure that scholarship funding is fairly distributed, the number of scholarships offered per family may be limited.
- If requests for scholarships exceed available funding, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
A limited number of free registrations are available. Please complete the Youth, Young Adults, and Families Scholarship application by June 30, 2022. See the attached flyer for more information about this scholarship opportunity.
For more information about the IDEA Conference, including keynote speakers, please visit the IDEA Conference website. Questions about the conference, registration, or the scholarship can be sent to the IDEA Conference inbox.