GME Enhancement: Self Assessment (8/27/2018)
As the new Fiscal Year has begun, it is a great opportunity to evaluate your policies and procedures to determine areas of strengths and identify areas for improvement. In order to facilitate this, Grants Management has added a Self-Assessment GME enhancement in which you will complete a survey referencing the prior fiscal year.
This Self-Assessment is broken down into four categories:
- Standards for Financial and Program Management
- Cost Principles
- Internal Controls and Time and Effort
- Grants Management Compliance
Questions in these four categories are based on EDGAR to help your LEA understand what is required under the Federal Guidelines when Federal grant funds are accepted, as detailed in 2CFR§200.331.
The Self-Assessment will be available in GME as of Monday, September 3, 2018. All LEAs will be required to complete this Self-Assessment by Wednesday, October 31, 2018. (Please make sure to select Fiscal Year 2018 in GME before initiating the Self-Assessment).
There are two roles that can initiate, edit, and complete the Self-Assessment (only one is required):
- LEA Business Manager (this role is also connected to Funding Applications, Reimbursement Requests, and Completion Reports)
- LEA Self-Assessment Update (if the user needs to work on Self-Assessment only)
Please contact your LEA User Access Administrator to be assigned the appropriate role to complete the Self-Assessment.
Training Materials and Lunch & Learn
To access the Self-Assessment, please review the QRG. This can also be found in the Grants Management Resource Library >> GME User Reference Guide >> Self-Assessment QRG. It can also be located in the Quick Reference Guide section of AZED.gov/grants-management under Grants Technology Support.
To help you navigate the Self-Assessment, Grants Management is offering a Lunch and Learn webinar every other week until the end of October (please see the dates below). If you are interested, please register through the Event Management System (EMS).
- Tuesday, 9/04/18, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, 9/20/18, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, 10/03/18, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, 10/16/18, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Monday, 10/29/18, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
Registration closes for each Lunch and Learn at the close of business Day (5 pm) 2 business days prior to the event date.
* Register to attend via the EMS system here –> https://ems.azed.gov/Home/Calendar
For additional assistance please contact Grants Management at 602.542.3901, Option 3, or via email at [email protected].
Grants Management Communication Team