Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent of Public Instruction Kathy Hoffman have announced the closure of all schools from Monday, March 16, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020. Please review their Open Letter to Arizona Families, Educators, School Leaders and Education Community Members at https://azgovernor.gov/governor/blog/2020/03/open-letter-arizona-families-educators-school-leaders-and-education-community. School Finance will offer a special webinar to provide current information needed by District and Charter Data Coordinators related to the closure of schools. Please look for an announcement with the date and time of this upcoming webinar. We are making every effort to prevent interruptions to school funding and appreciate your assistance as we adapt to the current situation.
School Finance Fridays
Payment 2 Hot Topic
- School Finance posted 2 hot topics this week about the data used as basis for Payment 2. Please see the posts for more detail:
AzEDS Reconciliation Training
- Step 1: Submit Student Data
- Step 2: Verify Successful Submission using AzEDS Reports
- Step 3: Verify Student Data Passed Integrity
- Step 4: Pull ADM Reports
- Attend a Wednesday Workshop for additional help
- Watch the archived Wednesday Workshop training video from your desk
- Moving 7/26/2019 to 8/2/2019
New AzEDS Issues
2019: Some LEAs are reporting deleted 12th grade students in FY2019 after rollover to FY2020. If syncing FY2019 data does not fix the problem, please send ticket describing the issue to [email protected]
2020: 3 districts are reporting missing FY2020 calendars after posting them. School Finance recommends re-posting the calendar to AzEDS and taking a screencap showing it there. If it is deleted again, please send a TRANS15 report and the screencap to [email protected]
First Payment of 2020
- School Finance moved deadline to Monday: http://www.azed.gov/finance/2019/07/11/fy20-august-1-payment-adm-analysis-and-deadline-update/
- Some charters missing both AzEDS and Charter Estimated Counts Data
- Some districts 2019 ADM has dropped this week
Join us on August 2nd at the same link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0PJ7Mg5plHOoZ5XjiC56lg/live
Integrity Rule 10127
- Approximately 2000 students were failing AzEDS Integrity rule 10127 when we turned it on earlier this month.
- Works with 10200 to make sure current students don’t have diplomas already. 10200 checks prior year data for codes, 10127 checks within the same year for graduation codes.
- This rule will be implemented again after IT fixes it.
- [email protected] for support.
Integrity Rule 10200
- Approximately 1200 students started failing 10200 after IT found a bug and corrected it.
- This rule checks prior years for graduation codes.
- When you see the error, you can search previous years in your SIS for G/W7 codes. You can also reach out to other schools on the student’s transcript.
- One school may need to request a 915.
- A 915 in AzEDS uses the same submission model as current year data in AzEDS, that is to say data is synced through the AzEDS API. Prior year datasets in AzEDS have a closed API. The 915 process opens a correction window through the API for specific students or schools. The external csv file outlined below is used as the filter to allow the open window in the API. For more information, please see:
- Posted guidance http://www.azed.gov/finance/files/2011/06/15-915-Guidelines-revised-20190610.pdf
- Creating a AzEDS Technical Impact and File Specifications (CSV file) on the AzEDS website
- 915 Request for FY2016 deadline May 31
- SAIS Online retiring
- We want to send out a communication, who should we send it to?
- AzEDS coordinator
- Business Manager
- 4/17/2019 New Year Calendars cancelled due to delays in demonstration screen captures. In its place, we will provide written guidance and a video of changes to the AzEDS Instructional Calendar for FY 2020.
- 5/1/2019: School Finance New Charter Training *new
- 7/25/2019*: Instructional Calendar FY 2020 (*Thursday)
- 8/1/2019*: Instructional Calendar FY 2020 (*Thursday)
- 10/30/2019: AzEDS Reports and Reconciliation
- We’ve been working with IT to improve Merges and trying new prioritizations of existing tickets.
- Team has resolved 400 merge tickets in the past 2 weeks.
- We received 85 new merge requests since 04/01/2019.
Below is a high-level presentation on the Charter School Equalization Payment and Payment Reports for new Charters.
School Finance updates can be found on the October Memo, SF 19-021.
AzEDS updates can be found on the AzEDS Blog.
If you need assistance with data or ADM for state aid payment, please email [email protected].
Please note, the Charter Training Webinar scheduled for the School Finance Friday webinar on October 19, 2018 has been rescheduled for Friday, November 2, 2018.
Update on Streaming Issue
- We’re having trouble with the Q&A feature in our webinars. We’re still troubleshooting but this week have tried 3 fixes to help diagnose the issue. It appears users without @gmail.com email are kicked out sometimes.
AzEDS Update: 21st Century Community Learning Center
Data Submission Guidelines:
- Resources required for 21st CCLC:
- Student Program Association
- Required fields: Student ID, Program name, Program type ID – Support Program(59), School id, LEA ID and Program begin date.
- Student Program Attendance Event
- Addition to Student Program Association it needs “Event Date” to be submitted as required field
- Attendance Begin time and Attendance End Time are optional fields
- Submission Start Date: Aug 27, 2018
- For questions contact [email protected]
- Student Program Association
School Finance Training: Calendar Multiple Descriptor Issue
- ADE designed transactions, tables, and reports but were not involved with the screen displaying your calendar in your SIS.
- Some people are having trouble with more than one descriptor on the same date. To troubleshoot, School Finance recommends using the calendar UI in conjunction with the INTEG35 and CAL reports.
Join us on August 10th at the same link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0PJ7Mg5plHOoZ5XjiC56lg/live
For updates see:
Calendars for Fiscal Year 2019
School Finance published a hot topic explaining the AzEDS Calendar Certification process: http://www.azed.gov/finance/2018/06/26/instructional-calendar-certification-instructions/. It links to SF Memo 18-055 and SF Memo 18-065 which have further detail on AzEDS Calendar.
Overview and Demo AzEDS Calendar Feature
The video below walks through the AzEDS Calendar Feature and certification process. It includes:
- Common Logon LEA Calendar versus AzEDS Calendar
- SIS Vendor certification
- Submission to AzEDS
- AzEDS Calendar Integrity
- Changes to AzEDS for the weekend of July 1
- Permissions to the AzEDS Calendar feature
Join us on July 13th at the same link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0PJ7Mg5plHOoZ5XjiC56lg/live