Building strong working relationships with community partners is key to supporting children and families experiencing homelessness. Early Head Start (EHS) programs can prioritize enrollment for pregnant and parenting young families by building partnerships with local Maternity Group Homes (MGHs). For EHS programs with a local MGH in the area, these partnerships increase critical supports to young families experiencing homelessness.
In this webinar, learn about the MGH program, funded by the Administration for Children and Families' Family and Youth Services Bureau. Discover how one MGH and EHS program are working together to serve the needs of pregnant and parenting youth.
Topics for the webinar include:
- Learning about the MGH program and ways to enroll more children and young families experiencing homelessness
- Discovering the challenges and unique needs of young families experiencing homelessness
- Educating staff about reducing the stigma of homelessness and providing trauma-informed approaches to young families and their children experiencing homelessness
- Head Start and Early Head Start directors, managers, and parent leaders
- Maternity Group Home program directors, managers, and staff
- T/TA providers
- Other early childhood leaders who support children and their families
How to Register
Select the link to register: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1358785&tp_key=89a8a9b7d2
Participants will receive an email with a link to download the certificate of attendance at the end of the live event or on-demand viewing.
The registration link can be used for both the live event and on-demand viewing. The recording will be available to watch on-demand from 30 minutes after the webinar until Nov. 30, 2020. Because access to the live event is limited and the session may be full, we recommend watching the webinar on-demand. A version with English closed captions will also be posted on the Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center website 10–15 days after the event.
Share This Opportunity
Please share this message with colleagues who may be interested in this topic.
Did someone forward you this invitation? Get your copy by subscribing: https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/subscribe
For more information about registration, access, alternate phone lines, and certificates, contact [email protected]. If you need to make accommodations for colleagues with hearing impairments, please send your request at least three business days prior to the event.
View the Web Version