New Guidance and Webinars:
- USDA issued additional guidance for operating the Child Nutrition Programs with the current waivers during School Year 2020-2021. Health and Nutrition Services (HNS) delivered a webinar this week to overview this new guidance: SP 04/2021 CACFP 03-2021 SFSP 03-2021
- Health and Nutrition Services COVID-19 Communications - USDA Q&A #3 on SFSP/SSO Operations through School Year 2020-2021 - November 4, 2020: Recorded Webinar & Webinar Slides
- Resources such as application and claiming guidance, which are intended for use by the Child Nutrition Program operators, have been updated this week and are available at https://www.azed.gov/hns/covid19.
Reopening of Schools:
- As of November 6th, thirteen LEAs had current waivers for providing on-site support services. A complete list of the LEAs with accepted waivers is on the COVID page under On-site Services Waiver Request.
- With the support of county superintendents, the Arizona Department of Education is tracking the reopening plans of LEAs across the state. The project is led by Yavapai County Superintendent Tim Carter and ADE Project Manager Sophia Mayberry. The LEA reopening tracker, which is on our COVID-19 page, will be updated once a week. Please note that there may be missing information from the LEAs.