New Guidance and Webinars:
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued revised guidance regarding when to quarantine after close contact with someone who has COVID-19. According to this updated guidance, quarantine can end after Day 10 of exposure without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring. Where COVID testing is readily available, then quarantine can end after Day 7 if the individual tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The CDC recommends a COVID test on or after Day 5 after exposure, and for the individual to quarantine until at least Day 7.
Reopening of Schools:
- ADE developed an interactive tracker to indicate which learning model Arizona schools are utilizing in-person, hybrid, or distance. In the tracker, you will find the learning model status of district and charter schools across Arizona as of December 1, 2020. This data is self-reported to the Arizona Department of Education by Arizona's 15 County Superintendents and individual charter operators and may not be complete. View HERE.
- The Office of Indian Education’s new Tribal Nations’ Stay-At-Home Orders indicates the stay-at-home order status of Arizona's 22 Tribal Nations. View HERE.
- As of December 4th, thirteen LEAs had current waivers for providing on-site support services. A complete list of the LEAs with accepted waivers is on the COVID page under On-site Services Waiver Request.
In the Media:
- Superintendent Hoffman spoke with KTAR’s Gaydos and Chad about the need for more action from the state to slow the spread of COVID-19 to combat the worsening winter spike.
- Last week, grant amounts for the Enrollment Stability Grant were announced and awards were much lower than LEAs expected. Superintendent Hoffman called on the state to uphold the promise of complete funding for schools.