PLEASE JOIN US FOR AN AMAZING DAY OF LEARNING!
Although the Arizona State Standards offer many opportunities to teach about American Indian History, many teachers do not feel prepared to take on this content. This FREE full day professional development will address many of your questions, sharpen your knowledge of the content, and provide you with learning opportunities and tools you can take back to the classroom. This training will begin at the Visitor Center in the Steele Indian School Park and finish at the Heard Museum. It is a partnership between the Arizona Depart-ment of Education K-12 Standards Section, the Phoenix Indian School Visitor Center, The Heard Museum, and the Maricopa Community Colleges District.
• Begin by taking a walking tour of the grounds with former alumni of the Phoenix Indian School
• Examine key events in American Indian History as they relate to the theme
• Have the opportunity to participate in Q and A sessions
• Familiarize themselves with the New History and Social Science Stand-ards and the Inquiry Model
• Take part in an inquiry designed around the primary source exhibits at the visitor center
• Travel to the Heard Museum to further investigate and gather resources to use in the classroom