AzDEO 2019-20 Dance Education Advocacy Student Essay Contest
Open to grade levels 7th-post secondary.
This year’s theme: “How has dance helped you navigate school and your education?”
Cash awards given to support the student’s dance program.
To apply, go to: azdeo.org under Awards/Scholarships for the application and information on the essay criteria.
Essays are due Oct 15th.
Encourage your students to apply!
AzDEO Student Choreography Contest
AzDEO announces its Student Choreography Contest for 2019-2020. Students in Middle and High School, and College are encouraged to submit their choreography for adjudication.
- Must be based on the given theme. This year the theme is “Making a Change: It Only Takes One” (Choose a topic/idea important to you and show in your choreography the process of how you as one person can make a change).
- Maximum length is 4 minutes.
- Only the choreography will be judged, but performance can affect the quality of the choreography.
- Choreographer does not have to be a performer.
- Choreography Criteria
- Composition, Originality/Creativity, Visual Effect, Interpretation of Accompaniment
- Must be submitted digitally to the google drive link. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Es7zCR331wqGDi8i0NTrXXTrGp6iPJ-x
- MP4 format only
- Must include your name, age, school at the beginning of the video, and a written artistic statement also submitted (include your name, age and school).
- Submissions are due Oct. 15th, Jan. 15th and March 15th. Each deadline date is for a new round of adjudication.
- Only 4 submissions per school per each submission deadline. 4 may be submitted in October, 4 in January, 4 in March.
AzDEO will award a certificate to the student and school.