The Sonoran Arts League is announcing a statewide Online Art Contest with cash awards open to grades K-12.
THEME: “Honoring Those Who Serve”
Create artwork expressing your thanks and
appreciation to someone who has made a
difference in your life and help honor those
who serve in our communities and country.
Identify “WHO” inspired your artwork:
Doctor / Nurse / Healthcare Worker
Military / Veteran
Firefighter / Police Officer / Civil Service
Educator / Art Teacher
Sports / Athletics / Mentor / Coach
Parent / Grandparent / Caregiver
This is an opportunity to paint, draw, manipulate
paper, weave, or collage – it’s your choice.
Take all of your favorite art techniques and
materials to combine them into a work of
Register your entry online on the Sonoran Arts League website www.sonoranartsleague.org by September 20th. Click on Art Contest under the Education Tab
For more information view the flyer or contact Executive Director Pat Bell-Demers [email protected].
In an online ceremony Saturday night, musical performances from high schools across the state were celebrated during the ASU Gammage High School Musical Theatre Awards. If you missed the show, it is still available for viewing at http://www.asugammage.com/HSMTA.
Congratulations to everyone who was highlighted in the online ceremony. For those of you who had shows interrupted by COVID19, we share your disappointment & look forward to your return to the live stage during safer times. In the meantime, we have enjoyed the innovative ways your creativity & self expression live on during the pandemic.
A huge congratulations to everyone who participated in the show and congratulations to the following 2020 High School Musical Theatre Award Winners.
2019 – 2020 Winners
- Chandler High School – All Shook Up
Best Lead Male and Female
- Brach Drew – Marcos De Niza High School
- Angelica Santana – Dobson High School
Best Supporting Male
- Lucas Oland – Phoenix Country Day School
Best Supporting Female
- Tyler Velarde – Saguaro High School
- Nainoa Aguano – Chandler High School
Best Dance Ensemble
- “Seize the Day” Dance Ensemble – Maricopa High School
Best Set and Prop
- Presley Symington – Marcos De Niza High School
- The Chandler High Lighting Team – Chandler High School
- The Chandler High Sound Team – Chandler High School
Best Hair and Make-up
- Cara Richman – Desert Mountain High School
- Dorian Williams – Marcos De Niza High School
ASU Gammage Leadership Awards
- Macey Clausen – Casteel High School
- Aunah Johnson – Shadow Mountain High School
- Luke Morton – Williams Field High School
- Jordan Wiener – Arizona School for the Arts
Excellence in Stage Management Award
- Maya Channer – Shadow Mountain High School
- Alysya Mitchell – Saguaro High School