Today, in celebration of National Arts in Education Week, ADE’s Office of Arts Education is opening a call for student designers to design the Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency! Feature your artwork on the diplomas of arts students across the state.
On May 14th, 2019 Governor Doug Ducey signed SB1111 State Seal of Arts Proficiency into law. On August 26th, the Arizona State Board of Education voted to open rulemaking on this law. Currently, the State Seal of Arts Proficiency has entered into a 60 day public comment process. If the measure becomes official board rule after this 60 day period, it will recognize graduating seniors who meet the minimum requirements as soon as THIS YEAR 2020!
Call for Designers:
The Arizona Department of Education Office of Arts Education will be featuring an original student design on the State Seal of Arts Proficiency which would be affixed to the diploma of graduates who meet the minimum requirements.
Each school may submit the online application for up to 2 students per grade level 9-12. Each student entry will require a separate application. Designs must be created and uploaded using the Arts Proficiency Seal Design Form.
Who is eligible to participate?
Arizona district or charter high school students in grades 9-12
- Applications due Friday December 20th by 5pm MST
- Winning design will be unveiled in March during Youth Arts Month and the designer will be recognized at a reception at the Arizona Department of Education.
Each school may submit the online application and upload the Arts Proficiency Seal Design Form for up to 2 students per grade level 9-12.
- Keep it simple! Lots of detail will NOT show up on the seal. Utilize positive and negative space, line drawings, and/or silhouettes.
- Represent Arizona’s 5 artistic disciplines: Dance, Music, Media Arts,Theatre, and Visual Arts.
- Two Colors: Submit black and white designs or designs utilizing two colors only.