| ||Course Delivery||Community Engagement||Content Management|
| ||Click on an icon above to learn more|
Blackboard Learn's course delivery platform provides the following benefits:
- Educator Efficiency—Easy-to-use applications help educators spend less time doing "paperwork" and more time educating.
- Student Engagement—In addition to dynamic content capabilities, social learning tools keep students involved and engaged.
- Open Technology—Courses and content can be enhanced and supplemented with external tools and technologies.
Learn more - watch video
Blackboard Learn's content management brings everything together:
- Streamlined Access—Centralized management of course materials and resources saves time and increases collaboration.
- Collaborative Development—Educators can easily work together to develop course outlines, lesson plans, and entire curricula.
- Shared Resources—Teachers can find and share quality materials with colleagues near and far without technology restrictions.
Blackboard xpLor (explore) Video (will open in a new window)
Blackboard Drive Video (will open in new window)
The Blackboard Learn platform helps educators:
- Make learning more effective
- Engage every student
- Improve efficiency
- Increase collaboration
- Share and manage content
- Measure learning outcomes
LMS Pilot Program for Arizona Districts and Charters
Districts and charters interested in offering K–12 learning through ADE's LMS Pilot Program need to meet the following requirements for participation:
- Must have been in operation for at least 3 years
- No outstanding audit findings within the last 3 years
- Current state accountability level of 'A', 'B' or 'C'
- No more than 1/2 of participating students can be enrolled in more than 3 online courses during pilot
- Have an AzEDS-certified student information system (SIS)
- Meet Blackboard's basic system requirements, including hardware and connectivity
NOTE: Allowable Use of Online Tools for ADM Calculations
ADE's Online and Distance Learning Fundability Guidelines provide details on the acceptable use of online learning tools in relation to eligibility for Average Daily Membership (ADM) funding requirements. Districts and charters interested in the LMS pilot program are encouraged to review these guidelines to ensure they understand how online learning may affect ADM calculations.
Arizona LMS Pricing Structure
ADE has procured a statewide contract for use of industry-leading, online learning tools from Blackboard. These include Blackboard Learn™ for delivering online courses and Blackboard Collaborate™ for conducting online meetings. This contract allows all Arizona districts and charters to take advantage of ADE’s special pricing to use these tools in educator professional learning. Qualified Arizona districts and charters may also use the tools for K-12 learning through the ADE Learning Management System (LMS) Pilot Program.
Arizona LMS Pricing Structure
|Professional Learning||Annual Cost|
| Professional Learning Facilitator License||$15 / facilitator|
| Professional Learning Participant License||$10 / educator|
|K-12 Learning||License Annual Cost|
| K-12 Learning Facilitator License||$15 / facilitator|
| K-12 Learning Participant License||$10 / student|
| Mandatory Training for LMS Application# (2 consecutive business days)||$2,000|
| Optional Face-to-Face Training (minimum 2 consecutive business days)||$2,000 / day|
| Optional Online / Webinar Training||$1,500 / day|
| SIS Integration Services (with LEA's student information system)||$14,000|
| Gradebook Extract Fee (with LEA's online gradebook)||$10,000|
Published prices are effective beginning May 2015 ^ Licenses are effective for one year from the date the IGSA is signed by ADE # For the initial installation, LEAs must purchase a mandatory startup training package Additional training is available as needed
- Participating LEAs will receive ADE's Inter-Governmental Service Agreement (IGSA) to sign up for the specific types of services and quantities of licenses they need.
- Each facilitator only requires one license. For example, if an LEA pays for a Professional Learning Facilitator License for User X, User X is also able to use the LMS as a Professional Learning Participant and a K-12 Learning Facilitator.
- Licenses are not transferable. If a user leaves an LEA during the contract period, another user may not assume that license.
- SIS Integration and Gradebook Extraction services are procurable through ADE but provided by Blackboard, Inc.