The AzEDS database server experienced an issue yesterday evening around 4pm. This impacted the API, AzEDS Portal reports and the nightly Integrity and ACE processes. The server issue has been resolved. Our initial analysis of the database that receives data from LEAs does not show any data loss. We encourage you to continue your data submissions as usual.
Due to the outage the AzEDS Integrity and ACE nightly processes did not run last night. They will run today at 6pm as scheduled.
Dear LEAs and Vendors,
AzEDS Fiscal Year 2019 rollover activities are completed. AzEDS REST API 4.0 will start accepting FY2019 submissions from July 1st 2018.
Sincerely, AzEDS Team
Dear LEAs and Vendors,
Please note on Jun 28th, 2018 starting 5:00PM, AzEDS REST API and Portal will be down for an hour due to preparation activities for Fiscal Year 2019 rollover.
Additional the nightly job (Integrity, ACE.. etc.) will be delayed due to preparation activities.
Sincerely, AzEDS Team
All ADE applications and websites are scheduled for offline maintenance on Saturday, 8/5. Maintenance should be complete by 4 p.m. During the maintenance window, AzEDS and related services will be intermittently unavailable.
On 4/3/2017, ADE IT transitioned the AzEDS servers back to the previous Azure Model in order to resolve the intermittent performance issues. Following this maintenance window, AzEDS performance has now improved across the board to the original sustained levels. Data can now be submitted with consistent server acceptance.
We thank you for your hard work and continued patience throughout the past week.
To all AzEDS users,
AzEDS in production will be unavailable on Saturday, March 18th from 8:00AM MST to 8:00AM MST Monday, March 20th for scheduled maintenance.
With this planned outage, ADE will be implementing server changes to improve internal data metrics and will support performance improvements, right away and with upcoming AzEDS releases.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve the AzEDS platform.
AzEDS was beset with an unfortunate confluence of errors beginning Thursday (11/17) at 5 p.m. and concluding at approximately 9 a.m. on Friday (11/18). Details of the errors, solutions, and next steps are included below.
Yesterday’s routine update to the AzEDS system unexpectedly caused the following errors overnight:
- Beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, the AzEDS REST API did not process data transactions.
- Also beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, internal processing did not complete as expected, which caused integrity failures and ADM impacts.
Fortunately, AzEDS allows for rapid identification of problems and implementation of solutions. Both situations were addressed by the AzEDS team as soon as they became aware.
- At approximately 9 a.m. on Friday (11/18), the REST API resumed accepting and correctly processing data transactions.
- The issue was resolved and Integrity and ADM calculations successfully completed at 4 p.m. Friday (11/18).
Next Steps — ADE
ADE has and will take the following steps related to the above problems:
- Going forward, the AzEDS REST API will be monitored with a more robust toolset, which will enable the team to respond quickly and efficiently to any issues that may occur.
- Operations has also implemented a new monitoring setup for all AzEDS reports. The reports will now be automatically tested at regular intervals using dummy data submissions, and the team will be immediately alerted if any one report (or more) fails to work as expected.
Next Steps — LEAs
LEAs affected by the errors described above should take the following steps:
- Check their logs from Thursday 5 p.m. through 9 a.m. on Friday (11/18) to see if they received transaction errors or unexpected record failures.
- If so, these LEAs should each check the configuration of their student information system (SIS) and determine whether or not they need to resubmit any records they tried to submit during that time period. (And do so if they need to.)
- All LEAs should be aware that the AzEDS system is routinely updated on Thursdays at 5 p.m. A RedFlag notification is sent when part of the system is expected to be unavailable.
- Sign up for RedFlag to receive urgent notifications about the AzEDS system.
- Sign up for the AzEDS blog to receive detailed information related to AzEDS.
Thank you to those who provided the AzEDS team with the feedback necessary to pinpoint the errors of Thursday night, and thank you to everyone for your patience as the team addressed those errors. We always welcome feedback at [email protected].