DATA MANAGEMENT ALERT
New AzEDS Portal Report: SPED74 - SPED Exit Report
The SPED74 – SPED Exit Report is a new report now available in the AzEDS Portal. This post-integrity report will populate students for your PEA who are ages 13 – 22 based on the Calculated Age for Exit. The SPED74 report is to aid in the determination of validating exit data for the ESS Annual Data Collection (ADC). This report will be available for FY21 data and forward only.
This report lists student information:
- District Student ID
- State Student ID
- Last Name
- First Name
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- LRE Entry and Exit Dates
- LRE Exit Reason
Along with the following columns populated with “Y” or “N”:
Main SPED School
- SPED LRE is reported as Primary
Last Known Exit
- SPED LRE Exit Date is the highest exit date reported in AzEDS statewide.
- If another LRE has begun without a reported end date, this will still populate as “Y” for last known exit.
In SPED B.O.Y. (Beginning of Year)
- This is defined as the first two weeks of the school year for PEAs. For Arizona Online Instruction schools (AOIs) and Dropout Recovery Programs (DRPs), this is defined as the first six weeks of the school year.
ADC (Annual Data Collection) Exit Eligible
- Main SPED School, Last Known Exit and In SPED B.O.Y. must be “Y”
- Must be ADC valid SPED Exit Code: SPED01, SPED02, SPED03, SPED04, SPED07. SPED05 is valid only if it is the last known exit in the current reporting year.
Calculated age for Exit
- Age will populate if calculated age is within 13-22 years old.
- If exit date is prior to October 1 of the Fiscal Year of the report, then age is calculated as of October 1 of the previous Fiscal Year.
- If exit date is after October 1 of the Fiscal Year of the report, then age is calculated as of October 1 of the Fiscal Year of the report.
If you have any questions, please direct them to ESS Data Management.