Overcoming Dyslexia Book Study - Section 1
- Wed, Sep 15 2021 - Wed, Sep 15 2021 • Virtual
- K-12 Elementary School Middle School High School Preschool Kindergarten Infant/toddler Academic Standards Early Childhood English Language Arts Special Education
Join the ADE English Language Arts Team for a FREE Dyslexia Focused 9-week book study! Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 MST time (9/15 through 11/10) Everyone is welcome!
Text: Overcoming Dyslexia Second Edition by Sally Shaywitz and Jonathan Shaywitz
To order: https://bit.ly/2VSo6DS
One in five American children has trouble reading. But they are not stupid or lazy. In Overcoming Dyslexia, Dr. Sally Shaywitz, codirector of the Yale Center for the Study of Learning and Attention and a leader in the new research into how the brain works, offers the latest information about reading problems and proven, practical techniques that, along with hard work and the right help, can enable anyone to overcome them. This book gives the tools that parents and teachers need to help the dyslexic child, age by age, grade by grade, step by step.
- 9/15 Section 1, Chapters 1-3
- 9/22 Section 2, Chapters 4-7
- 9/29 Section 3, Chapters 8-11
- 10/6 Section 4, Chapters 12-15
- 10/13 Section 5, Chapters 16-19
- 10/20 Section 6, Chapters 20-22
- 10/27 Section 7, Chapters 23-25
- 11/3 Section 8, Chapters 26-29
- 11/10 Section 9, Chapters 30-34
Participants must register for each week’s session individually. All participants who register in EMS, read their chapter(s), and attend the book study will be given 2-hours PD credit. Certificates will be in EMS and no record of attendance will be emailed.
Zoom link will be individually emailed to registrants the day of the webinar. Registration closes at 10 AM on Wednesdays.
Feel free to share this flyer with others!
DateWed, Sep 15 2021 - Wed, Sep 15 2021
Time4:30PM - 5:30PM
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School