Announcing the Arizona Professional Learning Series
An Opportunity for Public Education Agencies
The ADE/ESS Arizona Professional Learning Series (AZPLS) provides district and school teams with a systemic method for achieving systems change in aligning state, district, and school site efforts to impact literacy achievement for all students and to close the literacy achievement gap for students with specific learning disabilities.
The AZPLS provides districts and schools with:
- Six inclusive professional learning modules for K-8 general education teachers, special education teachers, school site leadership, and coaches.
- Six accompanying, interactive professional learning modules for parents and students.
- Leadership coaching from a national presenter to build site capacity in facilitating module professional learning, coach with a focus, collect and analyze data through an inquiry cycle, and sustain implementation.
- Collaborative team structure inspiring shared leadership and decision making from all stakeholders.
- A coaching framework designed for job-embedded professional learning focused on collaborative teams and teacher instructional planning/delivery.
- Web-based data tools and reporting to support targeted needs throughout implementation.
Required AZPLS team members include the district special education director, curriculum director, a school site administrator, two or three general education teachers from different grade levels/content areas, one special education teacher who works closely with general education teachers, and one school site coach.
To indicate your interest in an informational webinar, please sign up at this link by November 11, 2021.
If you have any questions, please email Stacy Riccio.