Eligibility & Application
The Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZCSP) has received a $55 M grant from the US Department of Education, Title IV, Part C, EXPANDING OPPORTUNITY THROUGH QUALITY CHARTER SCHOOLS. The purpose of the grant is to hold competitive applications for school leaders who will open schools serving disadvantaged Arizona students.
The only applicants allowed to apply in 2020 must submit their charter application to the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools (ASBCS) in June – or, has submitted a replication application that will be approved by ASBCS in December 2020. Schools authorized by ASU must also be approved by the ASU authorizer by December 2020.
The proposed school shall meet one of the following definitions of educationally disadvantaged:
- A school serving at least 40% racially and ethnically diverse students; or
- A school serving at least 40% economically disadvantaged students eligible for federal lunch program support; or
- A school serving at least 40% students with disabilities; or
- A school serving at least 40% English Language Learners (ELL).
AZCSP applicants must do to following to be eligible for the grant:
- Register as an Arizona nonprofit corporation with the Arizona Corporation Commission
- Register with the US Federal Contractor Registration (System Award Management)
The following types of schools are ineligible to apply for AZCSP funding:
- School which apply for Alternative Status
- Schools which use AOI funding to support their operation.
Subrecipients will be supported by $250,000 annual award over a period of five years for a total of $1.25 M. Four award competitions will be held annually in October 2019 through 2022. Subrecipients must agree to participate in AZCSP staff and contractor instructional and finance/operational/grants management technical assistance all five years.
For further information call Mark Francis, 602.542.4020, [email protected].
Eligibility and Registration Forms
AZCSP 2022-26 Eligibility Form – TBD