Follow these steps to apply for an initial certificate, renewal, extension, or conversion:
- Find the application that you would like to complete by using the links to forms and information below.
- Review the appropriate requirements and application checklist.
- Assemble the required documentation/information as appropriate such as a copy of your valid IVP Fingerprint Card, Official Transcripts, Verification of Teaching Experience, Verification of Work Experience, etc. See specific requirements for additional documentation/information required.
- Complete and submit the application with appropriate fee and required documentation/information.
- Allow 4-10 weeks for processing depending on the time of year.
Use the links below to review specific requirements and find the appropriate applications and forms:
I want to apply for:
Don’t see what you are looking for?
All teachers and persons who are required to be fingerprinted to work in the classroom are required to have an Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint clearance card. Information on obtaining and IVP Fingerprint Card may be found here.
Note: Applicants who are using degrees or coursework completed through a foreign institute of higher education to meet certification requirements must submit a foreign equivalency evaluation. You may access a list of foreign credentialing agencies here.
If you are a recent graduate of an in-state approved educator prep program, you should obtain an Institutional Recommendation