The purpose of our Dropout Prevention Program and the work of its staff is to collaborate with districts, schools and other sectors of the community in exploring ways to prevent students from dropping out of school by providing resources, opportunities and outreach that will ultimately help students stay in school and earn a high school diploma, indicating their readiness for college, career and life.
Our Values and Goals:
In order to lower Arizona’s dropout rate and increase the number of high school graduates equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century, we must first close the opportunity gap. All students must have equal and adequate access to educational opportunities and resources. To achieve this goal, we strive to ensure that Arizona’s districts and schools provide each student with multiple pathways to success.
- Dropout Recovery
- Dropout Recovery Legislation ARS §15-901.06 – PDF
- Summary of ARS §15-901.06 – PDF
- Arizona State Board of Education Dropout Recovery Guidance – PDF
- Dropout Recovery 2012-2013 Statement of Assurance – PDF
- Online Dropout Prevention Toolkit
- Dropout Prevention Strategies
- Early Warning System
- Dropout Rates
- Education and Career Action Plan (ECAP)