Exceptional Student Services (ESS) is accountable for ensuring that all special education programs, regulations, and procedures are in compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and eligible children and youth with disabilities are receiving a free appropriate public education (FAPE). ESS provides exceptional customer service and technical assistance while enforcing the state and federal special education mandates to promote continuous improvement throughout the state.
For a complete list of program areas and resources, please use the ESS Site Index.
- 2013-2014 Assistive Technology Grant application now available
- Capacity Building Coaching Training
- Graduation for Students with Disabilities: Guidance Documents for PEAs and Parents
- 4/17/2013 – Data Management Alert: Change in Due Dates for October 1 Special Education Census
- Announcing the 2013 Post School Outcomes (PSO) Survey
- RECRUITMENT INFORMATION: Arizona Education Employment Board
- SELECT Summer 2013 Classes – NAU Online Courses
- Common Core State Standards and IEPs
- Information Regarding Replacement of “Mental Retardation” with “Intellectual Disability”
- 2013 Transition Conference
- Directors Institute 2013
- The First Annual ADE Special Education Teacher Conference: Common Core Connections and Collaborations
- Assistive Technology Summer Institute