Arizona’s Seventeenth Annual Transition Conference
Ready to Launch! Countdown to Success
Arizona’s Seventeenth Annual Transition Conference, Ready to Launch! Countdown to Success, is a collaborative, cross-stakeholder professional development event aimed at providing the meaningful and pertinent information needed in the transition-planning process for youth and young adults with disabilities. This annual conference provides a dynamic array of national speakers and state-level experts and also includes participation of youth, young adults, and family members.
Who Should Attend?
- State and local special education directors, education specialists, and teachers/professors
- Youth and young adults with and without disabilities and/or family members
- Secure care education personnel
- College and university disability resource services personnel
- School psychologists, related service providers
- Adult services agency personnel
- Family and youth/young adults—registration fees will allow participation in all three days of the conference. Scholarships continue to be available on a first-come, first-served basis for youth, young adults, and family members needing assistance with lodging, mileage and registration costs. Scholarships are open to those who meet eligibility requirements and may be limited based on the number of applicants per family or on scholarship awards received in prior years. Scholarship registration can be found on the 2017 Transition Conference website.
- The first day of the conference begins at 9:00 a.m. in an effort to accommodate participants traveling from out of town. The late start is intended to reduce travel expenses for those who may not wish to stay at the hotel an extra night, but still want to attend all sessions.
- Session handouts will be posted online two weeks before the conference on the 2017 Transition Conference website.
- A link for the Overall Conference Survey and Certificate will be sent to conference participants one week after the conference. When registering for the conference, please use the participant’s preferred e-mail (work or home) as this is the address to which the survey link will be sent.
- Registration information for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations alternate entrance will be provided to participants prior to the conference via e-mail.
- You must have a verifiable Purchase Order to complete your conference registration.
Registration for Arizona’s Seventeenth Annual Transition Conference will close Friday, July 28, 2017. Conference registration will be processed exclusively online.
Registration for Professionals is at capacity and is closed. A waiting list has been started. A limited number of registrations will be available to individual on the wait list. Filling out the wait list application is not a confirmation of conference registration. Approval status will be emailed to applicants beginning of July 31, 2017.
Online registration may be completed in one of the following ways:
- Go to the Event Calendar on the ADE website, type “transition” in the search box, select “Arizona’s Seventeenth Annual Transition Conference”, and click on the green search button.
- Go to the 2017 Transition Conference website, click on “Register” on the secondary navigation bar (light blue)
Presenters, vendors, and College and Career Competencies Team Training (CCCTT) participants should register separately (NOT through the general registration sections) using the instructions provided by conference organizers.
Registration will remain open through July 28, 2017, and is limited based on capacity. District teams will be limited to 20, unless there is a TSW team in place that is larger, in order to allow for broader participation from the field.
Please contact Jeannette Zemeida at (602) 542-3855 with any online registration difficulties. Waiting list information will be made available on the 2017 Transition Conference website once capacity is reached. Waitlist registrants will be contacted if a conference slot becomes available. Final notification of slot availability will occur no later than August 4, 2017.
For Educators, Service Agency Providers, and Other Professionals:
- $380 – Standard Registration (May 15 – July 28)
- $400 – Late/Walk-in Registration (July 29 – August 30)
For Youth, Young Adults, and Family Members:
- $220 – Standard Registration (May 15 – July 28)
- $240 – Late/Walk-In Registration (July 29 – August 30)
PLEASE NOTE: Registration fees listed above are for all three days of the conference. There will be no allowance for single-day registration.
Registration Contact Person
All questions regarding conference registration (e.g., payment, refunds, cancellations, substitutions, dietary needs, ADA accommodations) should be directed to Jeannette Zemeida via e-mail or via phone at (602) 542-3855.
When paying with check, purchase order, or internal transfer, payment is due within 30 days of invoice. Credit card payments are processed at the time of registration. Cash cannot be accepted.
Make checks payable to “Arizona Department of Education.”
Mail payment to:
Arizona Department of Education
Exceptional Student Services, Attn: Accounts Receivable
1535 West Jefferson, Bin 1
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Registrants will receive an automatic email confirmation and an invoice when registration is completed through the Event Management System (EMS). Please add [email protected] to address books to ensure that confirmation emails are received. Registration is not guaranteed until confirmation has been made and payment has been received by ADE.
Refunds and Cancellations
To receive a refund, cancellations must take place in ADE Calendar of Events ten working days prior to the first day of the event date. The registration fee will be charged to those who are no shows and have not cancelled within ten working days prior to the event start date. Exceptions may be made for emergency situations only up to the event start date. Exceptions are at the discretion of ADE staff.
Please advise ADE of any attendee substitutions by July 28, 2017, by contacting Jeannette Zemeida with name changes.
Special Dietary Needs
If special dietary needs are required, please complete the appropriate section on the registration form.
ADA Accommodation Needs
If Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations are required, please complete the appropriate section on the registration form by July 22, 2017. Accommodations requested after this time cannot be guaranteed.
Sleeping Room Registration
Make sleeping room reservations directly with the Talking Stick Resort by calling (866) 877-9897, or following this link to register online. Rooms will be held under “Arizona Department of Education Transition Conference” until August 14, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. at the rate of $91.00 per night (not including state and local taxes). A limited number of accessible sleeping rooms are available.
If an accessible sleeping room is required, please specify this request at the time the hotel reservation is made. If there are no rooms available at the conference site, the Talking Stick Resort will provide information for an overflow hotel.
Please note: The Talking Stick Resort has begun charging portage and maid service fees for overnight stays. ADE/ESS will pay these fees for rooms reserved under the ADE Transition Conference block rate and participants will not be charged separately.