What do Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards mean for teachers?
- Clearer standards help teachers understand what is expected of them.
- Provide important goals for teachers to ensure they are preparing students for success in college and the workforce.
- Help teachers develop and implement effective strategies for their students by providing benchmarks for skills and knowledge that their students should have by the end of the year.
- Provide the opportunity for teachers to be involved in the development of assessments linked to these top-quality standards.
- Create a foundation to work collaboratively across states and districts, pooling resources and expertise, to create curricular tools, professional development, common assessments and other materials.